Prien am Chiemsee, Bayern, Germany

By zerrinhosgor - 8/04/2011 01:31:00 PM

I had many opportunities to see lots of destinations and make day trips during my travel in Germany this year. One of them was Chiemsee. I had planned to go to "Innsbruck" for a day trip from Munich , therefore I got up early in the morning to catch the train. But the plan didn’t work out :((   When I reached to the DB train station, I tried to buy a Bayern ticket to travel cheaper in Bavaria region... I wanted to be sure the ticket was available for Innsbruck, so I asked to the staff in the ticket office... They told me that Bayern ticket didn’t contain the city of Innsbruck :((. 

At that time, I started to think about the other choices... 
But the hours worked against me. ..
A train to Ulm departed, then the other one to Fussen and so on...

I needed to decide a place to go. Finally, I chose the closer one and took the train to Prien am Chiemsee. The train going to Chiemsee is the same direction to Salzburg, by the way, I had seen the station when I went to Salzburg.   

Chiemsee train staiton
Prien am Chiemsee train station
After an hour long trip, I reached the small and nice town of Chiemsee. Town was really beautiful in its own right. The first thing affected me so much was buildings. Lots of buildings were two stories and there were decorative paintings on the facades of them and they make the total view really fabulous. 
Prien am Chiemsee
Prien am Chiemsee town center
Heimat museum
Prien am Chiemsee Heimat Museum

When you get off the train, you are in the town center and you need to walk or take a train to reach the Chimsee. I preferred to stroll around a little and wanted to see the streets, squares and buildings. There were some street cafes, restaurants in the center, but there were not so many people around. Nonetheless, it was really nice and attractive.
Prien am Chiemsee
Prien am Chiemsee

Prien am chiemsee
Prien am Chiemsee
Prien am Chiemsee
Prien am Chiemsee

Chiemsee

After I took a map of the town from tourist information, I decided to walk through Seestraße to reach to the See and port. You have a chance to take the nostalgic train to the destination, but I think it was a good idea to walk and see the surroundings. It wasn’t too long and I walked approximately 20 minutes. Here is a seaside place and there are houses with gardens on the both side of the route. There are also some small restaurants, cafes, shops along the street, so it is an attractive route to walk. 
Seestraße
Seestraße
Seestraße
Seestraße
Seestraße
Houses in the  Seestraße 
Chiemsee Bahn
Chiemsee Bahn nostalgic train
Chiemsee Bahn
Chiemsee Bahn nostalgic train
When I started to see lots of hotels, I noticed that I came to the waterside. The view and paysage were outstanding. I took lots of photos, but when I looked at the photos, I didn’t feel as I felt in real. It is really different to see and feel the atmosphere on site.
Chiemsee lake
The Alps and Chiemsee lake
Chiemsee lake
The Alps and Chiemsee lake
Chiemsee lake
The Alps and Chiemsee lake
There are two important islands in Chiemsee. One of them is Herrenchiemsee and the other one is Frauenchiemsee. I chose Herrenchimsee which is the bigger one to visit... In fact, I hadn’t enough time to stroll two of them:)). 

Let's look at to the Herrenchiemsee...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Well, interesting post and amazing stuff here. I enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for sharing....
    packers and movers in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete