Don't stop me now, I'm having such a fairy tale in Neuschwanstein, Bavaria

By zerrinhosgor - 1/16/2012 01:46:00 AM

Neuschwanstein from Marien brücke
Neuschwanstein from Marien brücke
I was really in a fairy-tale in Fussen. I don't know how can I tell what I felt in this place but it was very very mystical  place I've ever seen. In my visit to Germany, my friends told me that I should go and see Schwangau. Lots of time we made plan to go there, but something went wrong. And I decided to make a visit on my own in my last day of 20 days Germany trip. What a shame :))

Schwangau
Schwangau 
Schwangau
Schwangau
Schwangau
Schwangau


Schwangau
When I arrived to Fussen, I felt that I was really lucky to be in that place. Indeed the landscape of Alps was perfect  in its own but Schloss Neuschwanstein adds an extra beauty to this region. Ludwing II created a fairy-tale in the Alps, in a magnificent landscape. 
It was built in medieval style in the 19th century. King Ludwig wanted to create his own alternative world. He could live like a king of the Middle Ages. This was the idea behind the castle and he created his fantasy world. But Ludwig slept only 11 nights in castle. When the guide told us the story while visiting his bedroom, I felt sorry for him. 
You need to take a bus from Fussen train station to reach the area where the castle is located. Bus stop is behind the station and if you bought a bayern ticket, which gives you unlimited travel by train in Bayern, you don't need to pay for bus. It takes 5-10 mins from station. 

In Hohenschwangau, at first you should go to ticket center to learn the tour times and take a ticket fitting your programme. Sometimes, it can be 2 hours between two tours in English.  And please keep in mind that you need minimum 20 min to reach the castle place. 

Castle is located on top of the hill and you should climb to reach it. 3 options: walking, taking bus and horse-carriage. Horse carriage has no schedule, they run independently according to demand of the visitors. If you take the bus, you need to walk when you get-off. The point is that you are responsible for your schedule, because if you miss the tour and you aren't there on time, no refund :((... If you have a good health condition, I advise you to walk. 

The route was acceptable for walking. Furthermore I saw a group of 60-70 year-old people walking down in this route. Maybe it can be an encouraging example for you :)... It took 15-20 min. and I had enough time for my tour, approx. 1 hour:)) . There are souvenir shops and cafe-restaurants along your route also. 
Neuschwanstein Castle
Walking route to Neuschwanstein Castle
Neuschwanstein
Neuschwanstein
Neuschwanstein
Neuschwanstein

When I reached the courtyard of castle, it was time to discover  surrounding, because I had enough time for my tour. I surrounded back side of castle and saw a viewpoint where lots of tourists were taking photos. It was an incredible landscape. At the background, The Alps, Alpsee and a great topography were waiting for you. 
At first I watched the panoroma quite a while and took lots of photos. I had great photos but it seemed as if I had not satisfactory photos showing this magnificent view. So I took photos again and again :)))... I must confess that the photos with me were not as attractive as the photos of only panorama. I think no need to say more. 
Alpsee
Alpsee
Alpsee
Alpsee
Alpsee
Alpsee
Second view point is Marien brücke located above the castle. From this point, Schloss Neuschwanstein seems a part of great idyllic world and as a Disneyesque image.
Marien brücke
Marien brücke from castle
Inside of the castle there was different atmosphere, but I won't tell that. I wish you visit and feel the same as all of us visited and left with great feelings from this place. At the moment while I'm writing about there, I am still excited.:)))

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Well, interesting post and amazing stuff here. I enjoyed reading your blog. Thanks for sharing....
    packers and movers in hyderabad

    ReplyDelete